Agilus is recruiting for a Hardware Engineer in the Automotive Industry in Concord, Ontario. Work with application engineering and electrical engineering teams to develop, implement, test and validate electronics hardware and electrical solutions for electromechanical products including BLDC motor controllers, actuator modules, and other subsystem ECUs for automotive powertrain applications. A typical day:
- Support design, development and application of hardware elements of electronic control modules for automotive powertrain electric pumps.
- Act as the primary hardware technical interface to the Hardware Development team and EFP internal and external customers ensuring alignment of objectives, programs, products, and platforms.
- Review and interpret customer requirements and specifications for electrical system interface, connectivity, control circuitry and electrical performance. As well as Support development and implementation of hardware validation plan for electronic modules and systems.
- Develop specifications, functional diagrams, schematics and both engineering and user documentation for hardware applications. Perform necessary calculations and analysis for electronic circuit designs.
- Develop hardware solutons for advanced and R&
D product applications for trial and customer demonstration including aiding selection of control strategy, processing related devices and circuit topology.
- Support ECU/PCB design and layout strategies for signal integrity, EMC performance, thermal management, mechanical packaging, reliability and high-volume industrialization.
- Select and evaluate electronic components and work directly with component suppliers on engineering level.
- Conduct and/or lead detailed failure analysis at circuit and component level and prepare comprehensive reports.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering / Electronics with focus on HW development / Mechatronics or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in a related field, preferably in automotive focused on electrical/electronic systems.
- Advanced experience with use of elab equipment and tools (oscilloscope, measuring devices and meters, hand soldering)
- Understanding of fundamental electric machine principals and applications (motors and electromagnetic actuators)
- Applied experience in schematic development and PCB design (Altium or similar CAD experience)
- Experience in HIL testing in the automotive industry - particularly for powertrain systems - is beneficial
- Experience in BLDC Actuator design and development, methods and processes would be preferred.
- Generating BOM and associated manufacturing drawings and documentation of PCB’s.
- Career growth/tragectory
- Benefits Package after 3 months
Interested? Please apply directly online or contact Aziz by email [email protected] Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive;
we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.We encourage you to visit agilus.Ca regularly or subscribe to our email alerts at agilus.Ca/Account/Register as new exciting employment opportunities become available daily.We value a diverse workplace.
Agilus Work Solutions is committed to employ people from diverse backgrounds and we actively demonstrate inclusiveness through fair, equitable and accessible hiring practices. We recognize the strength that comes from different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives and welcome candidates who identify as visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons within the LGBTQ+ community. We feel it is important as an organization that all people have access and opportunity to be employed, to be valued and to be respected.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative format available on Request.